UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Medical Plans
ServiceNow offers two medical plans from UHC: a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) paired with an HSA, and a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan. Both plans offer excellent coverage but operate differently, so take some time to learn about the plans before enrolling.
Visit ServiceNow’s UHC page, where you can find in-network providers and hospitals, compare your medical plan options, learn about prescription benefits, and much more.
Time for a flu shot!
Don’t let the flu slow you down. Getting an annual flu shot is the best way to help protect yourself and your loved ones. They’re safe, convenient, and most plans cover flu shots at 100% at many retail pharmacies and convenience care clinics.
New for 2023:
Enhanced care navigation and claims support, increased fertility benefit limit, removal of age limits on health screenings, and coverage for weight loss prescriptions.
- UHC journeys – See how the new, expanded UHC programs provide support in the moments that matter
- Visit whyUHC.com to learn more
United Healthcare HDHP: (844) 636-5302
United Healthcare PPO: (844) 636-5302
Policy/group #: 909166
Substance Use Disorder Helpline:
Recovery advocates are available 24/7 at (855) 780-5955
Get 24/7 access to your medical plan information, view your claims, download your ID card, find a provider, and more!
- Download UHC’s mobile app
- Register for an account at myUHC.com
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) + HSA
This is a PPO-style plan with a higher deductible. It utilizes the Choice Plus network of physicians and facilities. There is one notable difference between the HDHP and a traditional PPO plan: the deductible is higher and you must pay the deductible before the plan pays benefits for most services.
There are advantages to this medical plan:
- Your semi-monthly payroll contribution is less than the other medical plan choices.
- You can open a Health Savings Account (HSA) to save for health expenses.
- ServiceNow contributes money to your HSA – $1,000 for single coverage and $2,000 for employee + dependent(s) coverage, assuming you’re enrolled in the HDHP as of January 1. These amounts are prorated if you enroll after January 1.
2023 United Healthcare HDHP Summary of Benefits & Coverage
More Plan Documents and Forms on the Resources Page
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
This is a “traditional” PPO medical plan. The deductible is low, but your semi-monthly payroll deductions are higher than our other medical plans – and you do not have access to the Health Savings Account, it is only available through the UnitedHealthcare HDHP medical plan. The PPO plan also uses the Choice Plus network of physicians and facilities.
2023 United Healthcare Summary of Benefits & Coverage
2022 Hawaii Plan Benefit Summary
More Plan Documents and Forms on the Resources Page
Save time and money with virtual care
UHC plans include virtual visits, which means you can sit back and talk to board-certified doctors anywhere you’re most comfortable. It’s perfect for those times when you’re too busy to get an appointment with your primary care doctor or they are simply too far away. While there is a copay for each visit (amount varies by plan), that amount is lower than the cost of an office visit or trip to urgent care!
UHC programs to support your wellbeing
UHC offers a variety of programs to help you through life. Best of all, most are available to UHC members at no cost!
Under your UHC medical plan, you have access to specialized fertility nurses to guide you through your journey and help you optimize the fertility benefits available to you. Whether you’re evaluating your family-building options or have gone through fertility treatments before, call Fertility Solutions at 866-774-4626 and get the information you need.
Quit For Life: Enjoy life tobacco-free!
UHC’s tobacco cessation program, Quit For Life, can help make your path to quitting tobacco a smoother one. You’ll have access to a personal “Quit Coach,” tools and support resources, quit aids like nicotine patches or gum, and their mobile app which offers 24/7 urge-management support.
Real Appeal: Online weight loss program
Real Appeal can help you reach your weight loss and management goals by providing one-on-one coaching, digital tools, and more! Through this program, you’ll discover the small doable steps that can make a big difference and work in the long run for your life, your family, and your body.
Receiving a diagnosis for a serious medical condition can leave you loaded with questions. 2nd.MD can help! UHC members have access to this virtual medical consultation and navigation service, where you can connect with board-certified elite specialists about your diagnosis or treatment plan within a matter of days. Here’s how it works:
- Visit 2nd.MD.com/servicenow, download the app, or call
(866) 269-3534 to activate your account.
- Speak with a nurse, who will ask about your issue, collect your medical records, and connect you with a specialist with expertise in your condition.
- Your specialist will provide valuable information on your diagnosis, treatment plan, and next steps, all by video chat or phone call.
- After your consultation, you’ll receive ongoing healthcare navigation support and a written summary of your consultation for conversations with your treating physician.
Note: 2nd.MD may determine that you’re good a candidate for an expert medical consultation and may reach out to you via phone, email, or text, even if you have not yet activated an account.